Cauta in functie de urmatoarele criterii sau alege din lista de mai jos
Category Manager Machining
Publicat la 17.12.2021
For our client, a global company providing a full range of solutions including lasers for precision industrial and scientific research applications we are looking for an exceptional Category Manager who is a subject matter expert in machining and has a strong desire to learn and grow with an innovative company.
You will effectively understand market trends that impact the category. Parameters that may be examined will include the strategy development process, RFx sourcing, all phases of marketplace analysis, supplier selection, supplier relationship management, consumption management, supplier risk management, negotiation, and contracting. Additionally, you will identify and develop new suppliers and improve existing supplier performance in support of the company's global category sourcing strategies.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a collaborative international environment navigating multiple technologies, systems, processes, organizations, sites, cultures and practices to develop and or support a robust category strategy.
You will have the opportunity to further develop career by:
- partnering with our engineers, SQEs and regional category managers to create and implement a comprehensive category strategy for fabrication with defined plans for cost savings, risk assessment and mitigation, and service level agreements
- solving complex problems that are important to the success of the organization and draw on experience to successfully negotiate lowest total cost of ownership/best price, OTD, lead times, customer satisfaction, and quality
- collaborating directly with our Design Engineering, machining and mechanical product suppliers, in the active development of specific supply strategy for the key technologies and associated mechanical components
- creating a total cost of ownership models, which includes the entire supply chain from sub-supplier, material, logistics, and other variables
- taking a leadership role championing departmental or cross-functional engineering and sourcing initiatives to improve reliability, cost, and lead time
What will you bring to the team, along with your adaptability is:
- a Bachelor of Science degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering and/or Supply Chain, or equivalent experience
- working knowledge of machining methods/techniques, materials, and mechanical components including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing methodology
- 4+ years of Category Management experience working in a diverse supply chain organization
- knowledge of negotiations, RFx sourcing processes, contract development and ability to develop/draft complete pro forma contract terms and conditions
- ability to develop a comprehensive category strategy that takes into consideration company strategy, market trends, best practices, risks, and supplier capabilities and capacity
- flexibility to travel globally up to 30% of the time
- competitive salary, according to your skills and expertise
- exceptional work environment within a global company with international exposure
- meal tickets, private health insurance, various bonuses
- working fully remote, Mo-Fri: 08:30 - 16:30